Does the new Disney Dream cruise ship have good food? How's the food on the Disney Dream? Can you show us the menus from the Disney Dream cruise ship? Everyone wants to know about the food on the Disney Dream, so here goes; yes and no, good, and yes.
Good? OK. Thanks for reading...
Seriously, this may be a longer post, but it's something lots of readers are asking about, so please feel free to skip to the section you want to read about on this one. I'll be breaking it down by each of the three rotational dining options on the Disney Dream; Enchanted Garden, Royal Palace, and Animators Palate.
For me, this was the most unique menu on the Disney Dream. I know there are a couple repeats from the Magic and Wonder, but it was less obvious to me. The other two restaurants had lots of menu repeats. This one seemed to have more original options. I really expected a new menu in each restaurant, but that was obviously not the case. I guess if "it ain't broke, don't fix it" ruled the day when creating menus.
I know it's hard to read and this will be the case for every menu, which is why I'll briefly itemize the menu items.
- Ahi Tuna and Avocado Tower -- this is the one I got. It was OK.
- Golden and Red Beet Carpaccio
- North Atlantic Lobster Ravioli -- my wife tried this one. She thought it was just OK.
- Thyme and Garlic Brioche
Soups and Salads
- Duck Consomme
- Curried Carrot and Apple Soup -- I thought this one tasted a lot like the Butternut Squash soup you can get at Animators Palate, just a bit sweeter.
- Romaine Wedge Salad -- looked really good, but I didn't try it.
- Baby Spinach Salad
- Caramelized Sea Scallops
- Pearl-Barley Cakes with Shallots, Leeks, and Rosemary
- Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Smoked Salt -- wife had this one and was really good. I finished it for her.
- The Enchanted Garden Tuna Salad
- Pan-seared Sea Bass
- Glazed Portobello Mushrooms
- Marjoram Scented Organic Chicken
- Grilled NY Strip Steak -- I got this one and it was the best steak I had for the whole cruise, even though they overcooked it.
Celebrated my son's birthday, here. The Dream has a different birthday cake than the Wonder and Magic and it's MUCH better!! I was least impressed with the food at Royal Palace of the three dining options.
- Pomegranate Glazed Duck Breast
- Escargot Granites -- even though I wasn't overly impressed with the Royal Palace food, this one was absolutely yummy!! I even ordered it again in Animators Palate the next night (did you know you could order anything from any of the menus in any of the restaurants?)
- Double Baked Spinach Souffle -- sounded better than it looked and it was SMALL
- Iced Lobster and Jumbo Shrimp
Soups and Salads
- Avocado-Citrus Salad -- SOUR!
- Royal Market Green Salad
- The Comtesse Du Barry's Soup
- Belle's French Onion Soup -- FANTASTIC!!! Almost ordered this one, again.
- Royal Palace Aged Angus Grilled Beef Tenderloin and Lobster Medallions -- this is what I ordered and even though I liked the appetizer and soup, pretty much spoiled my opinion of Royal Palace. It sounds so good on the menu "Aged" "Angus" "Beef" -- how could you go wrong? Well, they did. It was SO bland I could barely finish it.
- Oven-Baked Salmon Royale
- Roasted Wild Boar Tenderloin -- I should've (and nearly did) tried this one.
- Grilled Farm-Raised Organic Chicken Breast Salad -- sounds delightful, doesn't it? /sarcasm
- Double-Cut Rack of Lamb with Dijon Crust
- Pan-seared Tofu, Roasted Zucchini, Eggplant, and Red Peppers
- Baked Farm-Raised Organic Chicken Breast
- Wild Mushroom filled Pasta in a Vegetable Broth
I really only wanted the beef tenderloin of the main course options, but I was real hesitant due to my experience at Royal Palace the previous evening. I took the risk, anyway and was not disappointed. While not the best (see Enchanted Garden, above), still very good and enjoyable.
- Smoked Salmon Tartare -- tempting, but didn't get this one
- Black Truffle Pasta Purseittes
- Sesame-flavored Rock Shrimp and Caramelized Onion Cheesecake -- Yes, cheesecake! It was actually pretty darn good! I tried this one....in addition to my escargot from Royal Palace.
- Wild Mushroom Risotto and Porcini Twist
Soups and Salads
- Baked Potato and Cheddar Cheese -- I got this one and loved it!
- Creamy Butternut Squash Soup -- an old favorite!
- Vine Ripe Tomato Salad
- Curly Endive, Arugula, and Watercress Salad
- Grilled Pacific Black Cod
- Animators Trio of Veal
- White Shrimp Pennette Pasta
- Stir Fry Vegetables
- Lemon-Thyme Marinated Organic Chicken Breast
- Black Bean Chipotle Cakes
- Marinated Angus Beef Tenderloin -- Best cooked steak of the cruise and the bok choy was awesome!
- Arugula Leaves and Grilled Vegetable Salad
That's it! All three dining options on the Disney Dream cruise ship! Lots of interesting choices -- some good, some not so much. What have you tried on the Dream? Let us know in the comments, below!
Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel to see our latest Disney videos.
The official shop for all things Disney. Click the banner to get all your official Disney Store souvenirs and goodies!